Record-Keeping Requirements

All PSRS retirees who are subject to working after retirement limits are required to maintain a Working After Retirement Record form tracking their work each month. Employers are also required to maintain such records and report the information to PSRS.

What you need to track depends on your employer, and in some cases, whether the position in which you work as a retiree requires you to have a certificate issued by the Missouri Department of Elementary and Secondary Education (DESE). When reported by your employer as working after retirement, you will receive information from us regarding your limits.

If you are subject to more than one set of work limits (for example, if you work in one certificated position and one non-certificated position), you must track your work for each separately. When you are reported as working after retirement by your employer(s), you will receive the appropriate Working After Retirement Record form(s) to track your work in each position.

Accurate record-keeping can prevent you from losing benefits.

  • Keep an accurate record of your work.
  • Consult with your employer to discuss how to track your work.
  • Check with your employer regularly to ensure your records are accurate and consistent.
  • You will receive notification by letter when you are approaching a work limit.
  • If there are discrepancies in the work you have tracked and that reported to us by your employer, we will consider your employer’s record official. For this reason it is important that you and your employer are tracking in the same manner.

Log in to Web Member Services to view your progress toward your work limit(s) as reported by your employers. Keep in mind, there can be a delay between the time of your work and when your employer submits payroll to PSRS, so you may have worked more than what is reported online.

We may request access to record forms for review at any time. Please don’t send your record form to PSRS unless we request it.