- You are eligible to retire if you properly terminate PEERS-covered employment and meet minimum service and age requirements.
- Benefits are calculated using a formula set by law and are payable for life unless you return to full-time, PEERS-covered employment, or work at a PEERS-covered employer on a temporary-substitute or part-time basis in excess of the limit explained on this website and in your Member Handbook.
- Benefit plans are available that allow you to provide varying degrees of financial protection for your beneficiary.
- You must apply for service retirement benefits by filing the PEERS Service Retirement Application Packet (or applying for service retirement online) prior to your retirement date.
- If you are considering retirement due to health reasons, you may be eligible for PEERS disability benefits.
- If you retire prior to age 62, you can also choose to accelerate, or increase, your PEERS benefit until age 62, with an actuarial reduction applied to your benefit at age 62.
Applying for Service Retirement »