All retirees working for PEERS-covered employers on a part-time or temporary-substitute basis are required to maintain a PEERS Working After Retirement Record form tracking the hours worked each month at each covered employer. Employers are also required to maintain such records and report the hours your worked to PEERS each payroll period.
Accurate record-keeping can prevent you from losing benefits.
- Keep an accurate record of the hours you work
- Consult with your employer to discuss how hours are tracked
- Check with your employer regularly to ensure your records are accurate and consistent
- You will receive notification by letter when you are approaching your limit
- If there are discrepancies in the work hours reported by you and by your employer, we will consider your employer's record official.
Log in to Web Member Services to view your progress toward your hourly limit as reported by your employers. Keep in mind, there can be a delay between the time of your work and when your employer submits payroll to PEERS, so you may have worked more hours than what is reported online.
We may request access to record forms for review at any time. Please don't send your record form to PEERS unless we request it.
You Might Also Be Interested In...