The Public Education Employee Retirement System of Missouri (PEERS)
PEERS provides lifetime retirement benefits for qualified Missouri public school employees who work for covered school districts.
If you have an educator certificate from the Missouri Department of Elementary and Secondary Education (DESE), you may be a member of PSRS.
Find Information for Your Career Stage:
New to PEERS?
We recognize that retirement may not be uppermost in your mind at this stage in your career. But at PEERS, we believe that planning in advance is essential to achieve a financially secure and enjoyable retirement. We encourage you to understand the advantages of your membership and the benefits you are entitled to receive.
Mid-Career PEERS Member?
It's never too early to begin thinking about your retirement. Know the advantages of PEERS membership so you can best provide for your family and your future.
Advantages at a Glance:
- When you have five years PEERS service you are vested and can receive lifetime retirement benefits when eligible.
- Disability benefits are available if you have five years of qualified service and cannot work due to a disability that appears to be total and permanent.
- Survivor benefits may be payable upon your death with as little as five years of service.
- Purchasing or reinstating service with PEERS may allow you to reach retirement eligibility sooner, or even qualify for a larger benefit.
- You receive cost-of-living adjustments (COLAs) on your retirement benefits.
Ready to Start Planning for Retirement?
You can start by using the tools on this site to estimate your benefits, learn how and when you can retire, get forms and more.
Eligibility for service retirement is determined by your age and/or years of service. Retirement benefits are calculated using a predetermined formula and are payable for your life.
At retirement, you can choose from six different benefit plans to direct the payment of your lifetime monthly service retirement benefits. These plans give you the flexibility to choose the appropriate level of financial protection for your loved ones after your death.
Are You a Retiree or a Beneficiary of a Member?
Stay informed about your retirement system. And keep us informed when your contact information changes!
- View your benefits online
- Update your name or address
- Change your beneficiary designation
- Update your direct deposit information
- download a printable version of the PEERS Monthly Benefit Direct Deposit Authorization Form form
- Change your income tax withholding
- download a printable version of the PEERS Monthly Benefit Tax Withholding Authorization form
- Get information about working after retirement
- Get cost-of-living adjustment (COLA) information
- Get health insurance information
Looking for information regarding your membership?
Log in to Web Member Services.
PEERS is committed to helping you get the retirement information you need. We encourage you to explore all the resources found on this website. If you have specific questions, please contact us.