Career Opportunities with PSRS/PEERS
The PSRS/PEERS Advantage
One of the biggest benefits of being a PSRS/PEERS employee is becoming a member of our Retirement System. PSRS and PEERS are Defined Benefit (DB) pension plans, providing predictable retirement income for life, no matter how long you live.
As a PSRS/PEERS member, you enjoy knowing that once you have earned five years of service, you are vested and can receive lifetime monthly retirement benefits when eligible.
Your retirement benefit is calculated based on factors such as salary history and duration of employment. In most cases, the retirement benefits paid to PSRS/PEERS members greatly exceed the funds contributed to the System while working.
Advantages to members:
- Lifetime monthly retirement benefits
- Your contributions and interest are always returned to you or your beneficiary(ies)
- Vesting with five years of service
- Disability benefits if you qualify
- Financial protection for your loved ones should you pass away, before or after retirement
- Cost-of-living adjustments on your retirement benefits when eligibility and economic requirements are met
Other Benefits Provided
In addition to membership in the Retirement System, PSRS/PEERS offers a competitive compensation and benefits package and a family-friendly, team-oriented work environment.
- Eleven (11) paid holidays per year
- Annual Leave - three (3) weeks per year for new full-time employees
- Sick Leave - three (3) weeks per year for new full-time employees
- 457 Deferred Compensation Plan
- Tuition Reimbursement Plan
- Education and professional development opportunities.
- Employee Assistance Program
view job postings