The Public Education Employee Retirement System of Missouri (PEERS)
PEERS provides lifetime retirement benefits for qualified Missouri public school employees who work for covered employers. If you have an educator certificate from the Missouri Department of Elementary and Secondary Education (DESE), you may be a member of PSRS.
PEERS is a Defined Benefit (DB) pension plan, providing predictable retirement income for life, no matter how long you live. In most cases, the retirement benefits paid to PEERS members greatly exceed the funds they contribute while working.
- The amount of your contributions to PEERS does not impact the amount of your benefits.
- Benefit amounts are based on a formula that is set by Missouri law.
- Our professional investment staff and managers invest your PEERS contributions for you.
- Financial protection is available for your loved ones in the event of your death before or after retirement.
- Disability benefits are available to members who qualify.
- Cost-of-living adjustments are granted on service and disability retirement benefits when eligibility and economic requirements are met.