Pro-Rated Working After Retirement Limits the Year You Retire
If you retire in a month other than July, the working after retirement limits are applied on a pro-rated basis for the rest of that school year.
- Pro-rated limits apply only during the school year you retire.
- When the new school year begins July 1, the limits are increased to the full amount and remain at that level for future school years.
- Limits are per school year at all covered employers.
If Jane retires January 1, she can begin working February 1. If she returns to work for a PSRS-covered employer in a certificated position, she is limited to 275 hours and 25% of salary through June 30, the end of the school year. When the new school year begins July 1, her limits are increased to the full 550 hours and 50% of salary.
You might also be interested in...
- Determining Your Post-Retirement Work Limits
- Working in Multiple Positions Subject to Limits
- What Happens if You Exceed a Limit?
- Tracking Your Work
- Critical Shortage Employment
- Volunteering as a Retiree
- PSRS Working After Retirement brochure