Notifying PEERS When You Exceed the Working After Retirement Limit
As a PEERS retiree working part-time or as a temporary-substitute for a covered employer, you are required to notify PEERS immediately when you exceed the 550-hour limit for post-retirement employment.
If you exceed the 550-hour limit:
- You must notify PEERS immediately.
- You forfeit your benefits effective the month in which the hourly limit is exceeded.
- Your benefits resume the month after your employment ends or when a new school year begins on July 1.
- If you meet membership eligibility requirements, you must establish a second PEERS membership and pay contributions to PEERS.
- You are required to reimburse PEERS for all retirement benefits received while ineligible.