Applying for Disability Retirement
- You must apply for disability retirement benefits by filing the Disability Retirement Application and other required forms listed below. You need the free Adobe® Reader® to view these forms.
- We recommend filing as soon as you know the disability will result in the end of your employment.
- You must provide Authorization for Release of Medical Records forms for at least two physicians we can contact about your disability.
- You can print these forms below, or contact us to receive copies by mail.
- We will acknowledge receipt of your forms.
When we receive your application, we contact your employer to verify your last day of covered employment. For this reason, you should inform your employer that you are filing for disability retirement, but that you won't know if it is approved until after you file.
PEERS Disability Retirement Application Packet
Includes all the forms listed below. This electronic packet contains all the forms you need to apply for disability retirement. View and print them all at once by downloading this file.
PEERS Disability Retirement Application form
Your retirement application tells us when you want to retire, provides information about your disability and contact information for your physicians. It is also where you list your post-retirement beneficiaries.
PEERS Monthly Benefit Tax Withholding Authorization form
This form tells us the federal and state income tax amounts to withhold from your benefits.
PEERS Monthly Benefit Direct Deposit Authorization Form
Use this form to provide us bank account information for the direct deposit of your benefits.
Authorization for Release of Medical Records
Send us a copy of this form for each doctor we can contact about your disability. You must send forms for at least two doctors with your application.
Need help filing for retirement?
Contact us with questions or to set up a counseling session.