Apply for Service Retirement Online

Applying for service retirement with PSRS or PEERS just got a little easier. If you prefer to handle things on a computer or tablet rather than on paper, now you can file your PSRS or PEERS service retirement application online.

After you log in to Web Member Services, the link "File for Service Retirement" will show on your personal Web Member Services home page under "My Membership." Simply complete a series of nine steps, and enter all the information needed to submit your retirement application. At any point in the process you can stop, your work is saved, and you can return to the next step any time. The status of your online application will show on your Web Member Services home page.

Remember, you must file your application before your PSRS/PEERS retirement date.

Before you start, we recommend that you have the following information readily available:

  • The name(s) of your covered employer(s) during the current school year and your last date of employment at each
  • The birth dates and mailing addresses of those you plan to name as your beneficiaries
  • The bank account number and routing number of the account into which you want your benefit electronically deposited, as well as the names of anyone else who is listed on this bank account
  • An idea of how much, if any, income tax withholding you need/want from your benefit each month. You can also use the calculator built in to Web Member Services to help with this.

After submitting your online application, you will receive confirmation that we have received your application, and a letter detailing any proof documents we need to process your request. These can include:

  • A copy of your birth certificate
  • A copy of your beneficiary's birth certificate if you are choosing a Joint-and-Survivor benefit plan
  • A copy of your marriage license/certificate if you are naming your spouse as your Joint-and-Survivor beneficiary
  • A copy of your trust document if the account for your direct deposit is a trust account
  • An affidavit of insurable interest
  • A PLSO Distribution Election form if you select the Partial Lump Sum Option and are rolling funds to a qualified retirement account

Of course, we are happy to help if you have questions. You can call our Information Center toll free at (800) 392-6848 or email

News Archive