April 11, 2014

Welcome to the April 11, 2014 e-newsletter regarding OASIS!

Full Legal Name Required on Enrollment and Demographic Records

It is important that you report employees by their full legal name on Enrollment and Demographic Records. Accurate reporting of your employees' legal names will help eliminate issues for you and for them in the future. You do not need to provide us with a copy of legal documentation. However, you are responsible for verifying the accuracy of the information prior to reporting through OASIS.

SSA Form 1945

Public employers are required to disclose the effects of WEP and GPO to new employees not covered by Social Security by having them sign Social Security Form SSA-1945. The employers are then required to submit a copy to the pension-paying agency (i.e., PSRS). Please continue to submit copies of these signed forms to us even though you are no longer sending paper Member Record forms.

Here's the current version of the form: http://www.ssa.gov/online/ssa-1945.pdf

Last Day of School Needed

Please enter the last scheduled day of school for nine-month contracted employees in the Employer Web Portal (EWP) by April 30. This information will help us determine whether nine-month employees have worked through the end of the school year. We have attached screenshots of the steps to follow.

Payroll Start and End Dates for the End of the School Year

With the school year coming to an end, payroll Start and End Dates have become a big topic of discussion, specifically for contracted employees who work nine months but are paid over 12 months. Typically, these employees receive their first paycheck for the contract period in September and are paid monthly through August. Report these employees in June as you always have. All salary must be reported for the 2013-2014 school year. You should continue your current dating convention, for example June 1-30, July 1-31 and August 1-31 for these payrolls, but they all must be reported for the 2013-2014 school year, and must be reported in June. You should not report "Final Pay" on the Payroll Detail Record for each employee until you have reported all the payrolls.

Adding or Changing Contact Information, Bank Information and Addresses

You can add or change Address, Contact and Bank Information in EWP by clicking the appropriate tabs after accessing Employer Profile under Organization Details. In order to be able to make ACH payments, you will need to first set up a "New" bank account in EWP.  


If you have questions, please call your ESR.

Previous OASIS e-newsletters

You can view previous issues of this e-newsletter on our website, www.psrs-peers.org.